Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Can you guess what it is yet?

Can you see what it is?
It'd help if I drew the Frechman getting stabbed a bit better. Which I will do.

Also for the record this film idea isn't about fighting or being cool for cools sake. This only happens in climax at the near end of the film. I'm structuring it like Taxi Driver and French Connection where the suspense and the story builds and builds in one big slow crescendo and there is little or no significant action sequence until the end.



Some face ideas for Cossacks. Viva la Beard.


I've been playing about with making music to fit this, I'm thinking about buying a cakewalk program but it's on hold until the summer because all my instruments are back at my mum's and I won't know what my project is for a few weeks so there's no sense forking out for it just yet. I used to do Music Technology at school so it should all come back to me. But thinking about it got me re discovering my musical side, which has been on hiatus for about 2-3 years because the shit they churn out these days is depressing, I just lost touch. I've come back to a bit of a gap though as almost all the bands I used to be into have split up, had members die, or just vanished in the last 3 or so years. Some off the top of my head are Slipknot (founder and bassist Paul Grey died last year), The Bled, Thursday, Killswitch Engage, Hondo McClane and The Deftones. I'm sure some of them are still making music but it's shame they don't tour the UK or anything.

If I was going with this 1812 idea then I'd create a track that was along the lines of;

Gently (Iowa) - Slipknot
Danger - Keep Away (Vol.3: The Subliminal Verses) - Slipknot
Me vs. Maradona vs. Elivs (Deja Entendu) - Brand New
Antarctica (Found in the Flood) - The Bled
World Ablaze (End of Heartache) - Killswitch Engage
Destroy the Map (A Snow Capped Romance) - 36 Crazyfists.

I also thought maybe going down the blues road with something like Flyby Nights by Seasick Steve or something like Marooned by Pink Floyd. And Obviously I've been listening to the Overture 1812 by Tchaikovsky.

I'll post up these songs in another post though it's not letting me put them on this one. ho hum.


Anyway, Yes I used to be, well still am, a metalhead and prog rocker. I thought I'd stick a couple of images up because I like them.




I don't know why but I love this photograph...I think it's his hand that does it.





No comments:

Post a Comment