Thursday, June 24, 2010

Square 1


Well I've just been to the library and whilst looking for the graphic novel The Watchmen, I came across a load of others that just have some fantastic artwork in them.

Had my end of term tutorial, so now the year is offically over. I got two 1st's, some 2-1's
and 2-2's so not bad really.

Kathy suggested, and I will do this, that for the summer I work on the 3D space of characters, so drawing them front back and side/angle. So they're more animation compatable, but still keep the arty/illustration side of it. This is to improve my concept work.

I'm also going to improve my storytelling and storyboarding. I thought comic books would help with this because they're very closely related to storyboards. Well...they're bassically the same thing. Which is why I was looking for watchmen. Also I wanted to read it, but anyway, I came across others and here they are;


Plastic Forks (this one is from book 2) by Ted McKeever (Epic Comics) - also the top image.








Stray Toasters by Bill Sienkiewicz (Image Comics inc)






And my favourite so far, Arkham Asylum (Batman) - Written by Grant Morrison and painted by Dave McKean (DC Comics)

The pen-line drawings are early thumbnails drawn by Grant Morrison when writing, he gave them to Dave McKean who painted from them and expanded the story into something more epic.









No comments:

Post a Comment