Sunday, October 23, 2011

Patchwork

Front legs are a bit weird I know.


These drawings weren't scanned in I had to take a picture with a camera, there's not a huge difference it just makes using the magic wand a bit trickier. So I'll scan (I have a bunch more too) them in on Monday and re-do them.


So this is going to be my wow image. I'll work more on it tomorrow because I'm knackered right now. I'd say it's about halfway done so far.

Also the puppet needs to look more like the drawing and the drawing needs to look more like the puppet. I think it's the hair that's making the difference. And then nose is a little low down.

I have actually made my armature. But there's constant niggles that mean I haven't animated with it yet. So, I'm going to fully puppitize it first then animate with it. One of the niggles is, one of the nuts (used in the feet to tie the puppet down, but as you can see she stands on her own! which is good news) is un-ringed. I think that's the right term, basically it's smooth on the inside so you can use the screw on it. Grr.


People like these ones but there's not enough background in them.


This is my storyboard, so you know I have done one basically. But.
I have changed the premise again slightly. There's less of the Dog and the ending has more clarity to it, but basically I do have to re-do the 2nd half of the storyboard.
She no longer just finds bit of rubbish, instead I've based it more on Kurt Cobain and the song Something in the Way. Where he claims (he actually didn't) lived under a bridge.
So now the idea is much more about coping with loss. The Mother builds a scarecrow frame with the driftwood but clothes it with the son's clothes.
There's also an exchange with a neighbour at the end. I'd rather not give it all away.
But in a few words, it's subtly clear what's going on and it's not cliched. Also it's only implied that the son may have killed himself as I'm drawing parallels to Kurt Cobain but it's not actually supposed to be a Kurt Cobain like character....also it's not about the son. It's about the Mother coping with the loss.






















No comments:

Post a Comment