Thursday, March 18, 2010

Idents pt1.


Out of all the Idents on The TV room I think Channel 4's are definatly my favourite. The problem though with doing something like that (moving buildings etc to make the logo) is it's firstly quite complex, a bit of a rip off, and generally far too much for one student to handel. Also they get about 30 seconds I think, for theirs. This is only 10 seconds.
I also quite like the BBCs new batch of Idents with swimming hippos and stuff.

So when approaching this project I tried to use all these as a starting point, but sort of failed. These all focus on a number really. 5 for Five (duh) 1 for BBC One (again...duh) 4 for Channel 4 and er....V for Virgin...? R for Redroom? It might just have been me, but I couldn't really think of a way to use the Virgin logo (really just the word Virgin underlined) in the way that these other TV channels have used theirs. Because one has that nice pleasing circle shape, the four has lots of geometric angels but a V or an R is a bit...difficult. Especially given my limited grasp of most technologies.

I also tried mimicking the five ident below, with the man drawing himself then the logo. but to be honest that was a bit...boring and predictable. And kind of similar to what they already are using as their idents.

So I decided to go the more E-Sting (E4 idents - 2 examples at the bottom) way and just sort of...wing it.
I took direct ''insperation'' from the Virgin Monster...puppet thing (At the top) that everyone seems to loathe. So instead of copying him I made him a bit more cute. Yeah I've decided to go cute and cuddly for this project instead of wierd. I figured it was more Virgins style. If it was for E4 or Channel 4 it'd be waaaay more bizzare.

So I just started designing him and let my mind wonder for a bit.

Forgive me for the minute my blogs are bit messy, I've uploaded the finish at the start and the start in the middle and the middle isn't here yet. I was planning on doing 3 shortish blogs mainly pictures just saying where I started, what happened then, and where I ended up. It'll all get sorted in the next couple o' days.

















No comments:

Post a Comment