Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Comfortably Numb




These are all the clips that I animated for the final film. They have the "What's" but no other sound as that's in the process of being edited in right now this very moment!

The one I'm most proud of is the Club Dance sequence because I accidentally got a good finger snap movement with Cherie Blair and Ronald Reagen's night fever is pretty good.

I didn't model or design any of the characters but I did design and make all of the backgrounds and environments.

My Animation defiantly got better as the days went on. The hug is obviously the worst. However it's partly due to the modeling of the shoulder and arm (which is in one part instead of two) So it looks a bit odd and hasn't really worked.

In terms of the Jobs of animation Ryan mostly did the walk cycles and movements and I focused on gestures and pans/cuts.

There are some bits where things look a bit weird, especially when you're starting at them one frame at a time hour after hour but to be honest I'm far too tired and worn out to go back and fiddle with them especially since they're barely noticeable on the first few watches through.

I'm more proud of the backgrounds I think they worked better. And it's quite nice to see it all come together. And on the plus side it all works and flows well enough, and I can now confidently 'tween' in Flash and make motion clips and all that.

The last job I have now is sound editing. I've downloaded stuff from various copyright free websites and we've recorded the sounds for the characters, and once the pictures are edited I can add in the sound.

It's been incredibly tiring, annoying, frustrating, sometimes pointless, repetitive and slow work. And just down-heartening when your work gets edited out...but it has to be done.

I'm being honest. I haven't enjoyed making it. I've enjoyed watching back the clips at the end of the day and thinking....thank F*** that's over and it worked. I like that feeling of relief.

It's been fun working with everyone too, we've been a relaxed but hard working group and everyone has pulled their weight. So I'm happy. It's also nice seeing what everyone else has done at the end of the day.

So all the Flash crashes...the arm that decides to go over here now, the random crazy eyes that appear in the middle of the clip, the jigs, the foot that just doesn't look right. It's all worth it at this point. It's satisfying knowing you worked your butt off 7 hours a day for 4 weeks for 2 minutes of film.

No comments:

Post a Comment