Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A SHORT LOVE STORY IN STOP MOTION from Carlos Lascano on Vimeo.



The Legend of the Scarecrow from Carlos Lascano on Vimeo.



The Light at the End of the World from the owls on Vimeo.


So I've been thinking about this stop-motion stuff. Lawrence is trying to get some people to collaborate and create something more substantial for our Negotiated Brief, because he wants to be a producer. I know theres a few other people that are really into Stop-Motion too but we all have limited experience, so this Brief may be the ideal opportunity to experiment and work together.

So I'll be the first to admit I really don't know anything about stop-motion. I mean, I know that you do frame by frame stuff and the basics, but being a second year student my knowledge on it is limited at this moment in time. So I've been watching a lot, and thankfully on Vimeo the creators put up little blogs or posts of how they made their films. A common thing seems to be using after effects and using a mixture of 2D and 3D for the backgrounds and other things.

This is encouraging because there's a few guys that like to do 3D but are maybe a bit stuck on what to really do for their brief.

Anyway, check back on Thursday because this could be huge!! Well...huge-ish.

Also encouraging is that the Legend of the Scarecrow (above) was done by 3 guys in 3 months - so although that's about a 10minute short, and those 3 were pro's, with a team of 6 or more students and more than 3 months we could produce something really amazing if we put our minds to it. And Intend to put my mind to it....hard. Booya.

Yes I said 'booya' deal with it. I have....although I feel my self respect dripping away from it. Anyway, laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment